Mission and Guidelines
The mission of the Patterson Foundation is to provide resources to programs and non-profit organizations that make a
distinct contribution to enhance the quality of life and create social and economic value in communities.
Guidelines for Grants
The Patterson Foundation’s resources are focused in the areas of:
- Oral health
- Animal health
- Occupational and physical rehabilitation
Within these focus areas, the Foundation provides grants to nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3)
tax status with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Funds are granted for:
Health and Human Services programs related to the focus areas that benefit economically disadvantaged
people or youth with special needs. In these areas, strong preference is given to:
- Start-up costs or one-time projects that expand capacity.
- Projects or programs in which a number of professionals or students in the fields of dentistry, veterinary
medicine, occupational or physical health, volunteer their services.
Education as it relates to the focus areas, especially programs that increase the number of underrepresented people in the
dental, veterinary, occupational health and physical health fields. Also considered are projects in
which teams of students in these fields volunteer their services in the community.
The Patterson Foundation also provides scholarships to support the post-secondary education of
dependents of Patterson Companies, Inc. employees.
In general, the Foundation will not consider requests for:
- Film/video productions
- The direct costs of treatment or therapies
- Religious programs or activities
- Scientific research
- Fraternal, social, veteran or military organizations
- Conferences/seminars or publication of their proceedings
- Programs operating outside North America
- Fundraising or athletic events
- Emergency operating support
- Political advocacy, lobbying
- The types of products sold by Patterson Companies, Inc. (A local branch of a Patterson company may
consider donating product.)
To apply for a grant from Patterson Foundation, obtain the Patterson Foundation Application
by sending a brief description of the project or program for which you are seeking funds to
Call 651-686-1929 if you have questions.